Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Black Lantern I Don't Want to See

Okay, so it occurs to me that as Blackest Night approaches, I've seen a lot of awesome speculation on some folks who should come back as Black Lanterns. They're all good ideas and sound like they'll be a lot of fun.

So anyway, instead of doing that (as my predictions almost never come true anyway. :-)) I thought I'd try the opposite.

Basically, what character would you LEAST want to see as a Black Lantern?

Caveat, they probably ought to be dead.

For me, the zombie I'd least want to see is Kari Limbo. If you don't know who that is, she was a very irritating psychic who managed to combine very stereotypical "gypsy" traits with tendancy to swoon and make overdramatic pronouncements. She dated Guy, pre-damage, and then when he was believed dead but really in the process of brain-damaging, almost married Hal.

I've even blogged about her once.

The greatest gift Beau Smith ever gave us, after busty female Guy Gardner, was to blow her the fuck up.

Granted, there might be storyline potential there, but that's one character that I would be very irritated to see as a Black Lantern.

12 Comments:

  • At June 16, 2009 9:58 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Superboy Prime.

     
  • At June 16, 2009 11:06 AM, Anonymous Really Annoyed said…

    Sue Dibny.

     
  • At June 16, 2009 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Terry Long

     
  • At June 16, 2009 12:02 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    Least Want To See: Appa Ali Apsa

    Most Want to See: Ranx, the Undead Formerly Sentient City.

     
  • At June 16, 2009 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ted Knight.

    Sue Dibny is a close second.

    --hza

     
  • At June 16, 2009 5:58 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    Max Lord. I'd love to see him back but they'd just go with the nutter version I hate.

     
  • At June 16, 2009 7:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I don't want to see Mace Gardner, mainly because I think that he's still alive...somewhere. Same thing with Max Lord.

    Oh God, not Kari Limbo. The only way that I would enjoy it, would be for her to go after Hal, and he wouldn't even recognize her, which I would find hilarious.

    I also don't want to see Dmitri, I liked him too much.

     
  • At June 17, 2009 11:18 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    Oh, I don't know. Almost any of 'em, really. Jor-El. Martha Wayne. Terry Sloane. Aquababy. Vibe.

     
  • At June 17, 2009 7:54 PM, Anonymous rich said…

    Hitler.

    What? He was in plenty of comics. Jimmy Olsen used to work for him.

     
  • At June 17, 2009 9:07 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    I think part of the reason for Flash: Rebirth and not one but two ass-pull resurrections in the pages of Legion of 3 Worlds was because GEof Johns -- who's writing both those books and Blackest Night -- decided that he had his own "Black Lanterns I Don't Want to See" list.

     
  • At June 20, 2009 10:26 AM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    I don't really want to see any JSA Black Lanterns. I'm sure we will, but I don't want to. The JSAers who have passed away were old men, and the book is all about legacy. We have two guys running around in The Atom's costume. We don't really need the man himself back.

    That Kari Limbo post was the first time I ever commented on your blog, I think. Ahhh, memories.

     
  • At September 17, 2011 11:53 AM, Anonymous Edwin said…

    This will not really have effect, I consider like this.
    site

     

Post a Comment

<< Home