Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Always Late For These Things

I just saw Rich's post with the Sherlock Holmes posters. (I'm perpetually ignorant of pop-culture news myself. Rich always knows the good stuff before me. :-))

I really like them actually. Robert Downey Jr. doesn't much LOOK like my mental image of Holmes, but I have confidence that like Iron Man, RDJ is oddly a perfect fit for the role.

Jude Law though totally looks like my mental image of Watson. So many movie versions seem to forget that Watson's the ladies' man of the two and definitely ought to be the more conventionally attractive one.

I have seen the trailer before and really liked it, (RDJ is a much better Holmes in motion than in the still poster) but I'm irrationally annoyed by the music. It's too standard summer blockbuster for me. I'd have prefered something that sounded a bit more plausibly Victorian.

But I'm still thinking this'll be a fun movie. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At June 26, 2009 10:27 AM, Anonymous rich said…

    Yeek. They aren't even trying to make him look like Holmes, are they? The guys a decent actor, but cripes, he just doesn't look the part.

    Peraps if they called it Hawkshaw the Detective instead? Or perhap Solar Pons? Even then, he needs a damned haircut.

     
  • At June 26, 2009 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once again, I come to comment with agreement: the world needs a hot Watson because it's canon.

    But! the trailer actually put me off. Bah. We'll see. We'll see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home