Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Well, if you're American anyway. :-) There's nothing like hot dogs, fireworks, and visits with my favorite cousin to make me feel patriotic.

Even if I'm pretty sure hot dogs are German and the fireworks are Chinese. :-)

Tangentially, this makes me laugh.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do sympathize a bit with Liefeld in this situation. It must be hard seeing a character you created taken in an entirely different direction than you'd ever anticipated. But well, that happens when you create a property for someone else. Marvel owns Shatterstar, and in the end it's their call.

I wonder if most fans really do think it's a negative development. I'm sure there are some folks that are complaining, but has Shatterstar really been relevant enough in the last ten years or so for anyone to really care?

Honestly, the only fans I knew who even mentioned Shatterstar before this development were slashers anyway. But I'm pretty sidelined from the majority of comics fans, so fuck all if I know.

Though the last line makes me think that Liefeld's either just being tongue-in-cheek about the whole thing, or REALLY needs to do some reading up on the Spartans (and Roman Gladiators for that matter). :-)

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home