Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Watch Too Much Old Bad TV

You know what would make a good comic? Time Trax. From the 90s. It was a very cheesy show with a guy from the future chasing down criminals with a car alarm thing that shot special pellets and a computer disguised as a credit card and projected a female hologram.

As near as I can tell, I'm the only person I know who actually remembers that show, but as a kid, I loved it. I was always sad that the low-budget nature of the thing would allow very little glimpse into the actual "future." And well, it just seems like the kind of thing that would lend itself well to a comic. Time travelers are fun. Everyday objects that are actually secretly weapons are fun. And heck, there's lots of unexplored potential in the concept.

Finally, seeing as it was a pretty bad show, there's no way for the comic to ruin it. It'd be awesome.

Possibly I just watch too much bad tv from my adolescence.

8 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2009 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember Time Trax. I recently met someone named Darien and made a reference to the show--and got a "What's that?" in reply...

     
  • At July 23, 2009 8:34 AM, Blogger ARS said…

    Like you I watched the syndicated shows like Time Trax. This was one of my weekly must sees. I remember it and the cheesy tech he employed. It was a good way to pass time. I like it when you reminisce about shows like this because I too am one of the few who watched and loved the shows.

    What was the one with the alien that had a similar theme and the lady that knew and was his love interest? The alien criminals were all around and he had to catch and zap them back while looking for the one that helped them escape in the first place.

    I miss those type of shows.

     
  • At July 23, 2009 9:09 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I have to admit, I don't remember an alien one (though it sounds fun!). Brimstone had something of a similar theme though they were all ghosts from Hell.

     
  • At July 23, 2009 11:31 AM, Blogger Scout said…

    Ghost In The Shadows, I think the alien show you're thinking of was "Tracker," with the guy from "Highlander the Series."

    I watched a lot of syndicated shows too, though I never watched Time Trax. I knew what it was though.

     
  • At July 23, 2009 1:34 PM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    Oh, man, that was a show filled with cool ideas, never mind their mediocre execution. For instance, the idea that you can only time-travel twice, because more than that puts a horrible strain on your system.

     
  • At July 23, 2009 3:19 PM, Blogger Ferrous Buller said…

    I remember Time Trax, though I didn't particularly like it - can't remember why. Thought Dale Midkiff was better on The Magnificent Seven a few years later.

    OTOH, I do remember liking "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues," which came out at the same time, even though I can't remember why, either. So clearly my tastes were crap back then; and I'm a lot older than you, so I can't claim I was too young to know any better. :-)

     
  • At July 23, 2009 5:17 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    Ha! You know I remember it! I used to watch it every Friday night. I loved that show. Even though it was bad.

    The only episodes I really remember are the one where he chases down a dude who inexplicably looks like Mark Twain (it is never explained) and then his card computer gets stolen and some guys try to buy gas with it and the gas station blows up.

     
  • At November 28, 2011 2:29 AM, Anonymous Wilfrid said…

    Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.
    full version games online free | full games list | free hd games | new online games | full games

     

Post a Comment

<< Home