Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nifty!

I'm pretty intrigued by the news about James Robinson's JLA. Mon-El, Donna Troy and Dick-as-Batman seems like a fun not-quite-trinity, though I'm surprised Hal's in there as well. Isn't it a bit odd to have the Silver Age/most prominent Green Lantern on the team of second gen replacements?

And also, well, Hal's about forty. That's certainly not OLD by any means, but it'll be hard to avoid the creepy-uncle-hanging-out-with-the-twenty-somethings vibe.

Though maybe there'll be a few other older members and balance that out.

Actually though, what I'm most excited about is this:

News coming straight from the DC panel: we have James Robinson’s Justice League team that will star in his upcoming run on the series. “The team will have Mon-El (assuming a “super”-mantle), Dick Grayson Batman, Donna Troy and Hal Jordan The other characters are a mystery”, says Robinson. “Though one of the ‘mystery’ members is Congorilla.” Interesting concept, I must say. Especially since Robinson also said he has plans for old school League “mascot”, Snapper Carr. That has me at all levels of excitement


Emphasis mine.

Yay, Snapper Carr!!! <3

6 Comments:

  • At July 26, 2009 12:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm torn. Congorilla is a plus, but really...Snapper Carr?

    ARRGGHHH!

    On the other hand, there is the distinct possibility that he'll be making an ass of himself, and you know that I can NEVER resist that sort of thing. Plus he'll be staring worshipfully at Hal's feet, which can lead to all sorts of plot developments.

     
  • At July 26, 2009 4:55 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    it'll be hard to avoid the creepy-uncle-hanging-out-with-the-twenty-somethings vibe.

    He "dated" Arisia. I rest my case.

     
  • At July 27, 2009 1:48 AM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    ...it'll be hard to avoid the creepy-uncle-hanging-out-with-the-twenty-somethings vibe.

    ...I'M in my 40s, and many of my friends are in their 20s.

    You're gonna give me a complex.

     
  • At July 27, 2009 1:54 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Um. Did you date any of them? :-P

     
  • At July 28, 2009 6:16 AM, Blogger Third World Diplomat said…

    The irony of Hal being in this team is that Dick and Donna, and maybe Mon-El, are more mature than him.

    Hal is like the uncle these kids may not introduce to their friends to avoid embarrassment, but with a power ring.

     
  • At September 17, 2011 3:43 PM, Anonymous Randolph said…

    What namely you're saying is a terrible mistake.
    here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home