Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Voting!

Okay, These are kind of awesome.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure I'd vote for ANY of them to be mayor. I mean, I don't think Clark would be particularly happy as a mayor (first gentleman, however, would be a very good job for him!) and he'd always be zipping out to save people.

And well, the moment some delinquent-type decides to vandalize his posters with black spray painted glasses, his secret would be out.

Spider-Man, well. Look, Peter's a smart guy I guess, but would you really elect a photographer who trades away his wife in deals with Mephisto? Not to mention, the whole taking pictures of yourself and selling them is kind of shady.

The Jean Loring mess alone casts doubts on the Atom's electability. Though I'm sure the comedians would enjoy shrinkage jokes.

The Green Lantern one sends chills down my spine. I'd vote John Stewart into office, sure, but that Lantern is clearly a brunet caucasian. Hal is a frightening thought as Mayor. Kyle is marginally better, but well, he IS a driftless art student with a string of dead girlfriends. Someone might look into that. Also, he's dumb enough to answer to his own name in costume and to transform in crowded coffee shops.

Guy Gardner might have a Jesse Ventura-esque appeal though. I'd trust him in office over Hal, at least. :-P

I have grown fonder of Cassandra Cain over the years, but I'm not really sure ex-assassin, near-silent ninja-girl with debatable stability makes for a good politician.

Batwoman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg have some promise though. WW might have trouble since I don't think she's a US Citizen though. Unless Polly got citizen-ized in WWII. THAT could be an interesting loophole!

Really, the one I'd vote for, though she doesn't have a website, would be Oracle. Barbara Gordon as mayor has a nice ring to it. It's not like the woman can't multitask after all.

Or Alan Scott. I'd vote for Alan in ANYTHING. Even American Idol. Because Superhero American Idol would be remarkably entertaining to me. Heh. <3

3 Comments:

  • At July 09, 2009 4:07 AM, Blogger Menshevik said…

    Yeah, as you seem to have hinted, Lois Lane is probably more mayoral material than Clark.

    I'm a big Marvel and Spider-Man fan, but in his post-OMD version he'd be a terrible choice. It's not so much the taking pictures of himself that I mind but the fact that by the evidence we have he had millions of people mindwiped so that they no longer know his double ID (and also given everybody a mental blind spot so that when they are faced with evidence that indicates that Peter Parker is Spider-Man they are unable to make that connection). If Spidey wins, I'd ask for the electorate to be checked for brain-tampering!

    Dear old Guy would make a pretty memorable mayor, that's for sure!

    Hmmm, I think I could imagine Dove (Dawn Granger) as mayor of Washington, DC, she's smart, interested in public affairs and she used to live in Washington. Is she alive these days?

    I'd also consider Kitty Pryde - in the alternate future of X-Men: The End she's running for mayor of Chicago, but whatever her age is supposed to be now, people would consider her too young. (Also that "trapped in phased form" on a speeding bullet" thing).

    And what about the Falcon? He at least ran for political office in the 1980s...

     
  • At July 09, 2009 7:28 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Ooo, the Falcon! He's a very good choice. So good in fact, that he'd never occurred to me. Marvel never seems to put actual GOOD choices in charge. ;-)

     
  • At July 09, 2009 5:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh, Alan Scott would be perfect for mayor. And Guy would be...memorable for sure. Of course, so would Hal, but probably not in the right sort of way.

    I STILL can't get over the fact that Ollie actually WAS a mayor.

    Good Grief!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home