Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I saw Zombieland.

So Zombieland was actually kind of awesome. Mostly for Woody Harrelson. I was a bit confused by the amount of eyeliner that the main girl character wore, since, well, apocalypse and all. But it was still pretty funny.

Of course my friends kept laughing at me jumping at random moments, on account of me being chickenshit. Seriously. I'm the sort that won't read bad retellings of urban legends on forums if I think I'm going to be sleeping any time soon. Total chickenshit.

But it was a very amusing movie. Even better than Shaun of the Dead (I liked Hot Fuzz better anyway).

Truth be told though, I'd be like the first to die in a zombie apocalypse. Oh well.

4 Comments:

  • At October 19, 2009 1:02 AM, Blogger Elizabeth B said…

    Nuh uh, I'D be first! :D

     
  • At October 19, 2009 1:45 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    We can start a club!

     
  • At October 19, 2009 12:25 PM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    Men usually have a list of those female celebrities that they know age will hit hard, spoiling the fantasy illusion that pop-culture creates...ie Uma Thurman. Did Woody ever make a similar list created by a woman? I mean, he really started looking rough as far back as Kingpins.

    Funny movie though.

     
  • At October 19, 2009 2:13 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Hmm, well, to be honest (and a bit sexist), I don't think straight women care quite as much about age hitting a man hard.

    I mean, Robert Redford was still on the top of a lot of women's would do list well into the eighties (he used to get mentioned a lot in Sweet Valley High novels when I was a kid) when he started looking like someone hit him in the face with a stick.

    Harrison Ford's pretty hideous now too.

    That said, I totally have my own mental list of guys who'll be fugly in twenty years or so. (If you're curious, the guy who plays the geek on Criminal Minds, and the very flamboyant American Idol runner-up this year both top the list. Women like them NOW, but I'm already calling that they're going to be fugly soon enough.)

    So maybe I'm just full of shit. Your call. :-)

    Woody Harrelson probably wouldn't have made my list, but then I thought he was kind of hot in the movie. Probably it was the rampant violence, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home