Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, October 02, 2009

Yay, An Actual Post About Comics

So. On the side of awesome, I've FINALLY gotten around to the comic book shop. Weeks overdue. I have no idea where to even start blogging.

I'm surprised to find out that despite the fact that Captain America Reborn is bringing back my favorite Marvel character and Blackest Night and its tie-ins are awesome as well, my favorite overdue comic in my batch was Uncanny X-Men's Nation X (515).

I think it's because it totally appeals to the part of my brain that enjoys kingdom building stories. And I like to see the ramifications for all the split-second decisions.

Also I always like seeing Xavier continue to be the worst father figure ever. You didn't teach him that human life was acceptable collateral? You RAISED an army of CHILDREN, you asshole. And that's not even getting into your recent assholish deeds.

But on the plus side, I'm always happiest with someone to hate, which should get me through the inevitable irritation of when Xavier takes over again. Despite the fact that until Osborn's fun, Scott was doing a better job toward mutant-human co-existence than Xavier ever did.

And when he did finally copy Magneto's schtick, he did it one better since he did it with Xavier's army.

I don't care what anyone else says. I love Cyclops and always will. <3

4 Comments:

  • At October 03, 2009 3:40 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    During that one scene where Xavier was coming the older and wiser bit I kept thinking "Go on, blast him off the pier and into the bay, no one would blame you."

    Xavier-ownage is always fun and yclops-based Xavier-ownage is the best flavour (like Prawn Cocktail crisps).

     
  • At October 03, 2009 4:20 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    If anyone's earned the right to blast Xavier, it's Scott. But he's too dutiful (read: brainwashed) at heart to do it. :-(

    I loved the "then this is not the end" line, though.

     
  • At October 04, 2009 2:10 AM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    I liked Scott standing up to Chuck, and the issue in general.

    However, after that year-plus storyline in X-Men Legacy that centered around Amnesiac Chuck wandering around the world, trying to patch his memories together with the memories of people who know him, and realizing to his dismay that Charles Xavier Was A Consummate Asshole, I confess I'm a little disappointed that he's settled so easily BACK into such pompous assholery.

     
  • At October 04, 2009 3:32 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Maybe Chuck had just found out his ex had been killed by Darkhawk. That has to put you in a bad mood...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home