Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I've discovered while randomly surfing Wikipedia that I am apparently too stupid to understand BC dates outside of a classroom setting. For example, say, I'm reading about Augustus Caesar, and I'm trying to figure out how the heck old he was during the Liberator's war. I have to keep typing the numbers in notepad, or I get really confused.

It's basic math, but for some reason, once I start going backwards, I get really mixed up. I never used to have that problem. I think Law School really is making me dumber.

Or I just need to start sleeping more. Either way.

2 Comments:

  • At November 16, 2009 2:57 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    Oh, hell, I have the same problem with Daylight Savings Time.

    "So, if I turn the thermostat's clock back to standard time, will the heater kick on EARLIER in the morning, or LATER...?"

     
  • At November 18, 2009 1:40 AM, Blogger Tom Foss said…

    I can deal with BCE dates, but can't figure out centuries in that era. Like, is the 5th Century BCE the 500s? The 400s? The 600s? You got me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home