Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Motion Comics

You know what creeps me out? Motion comics. I can't explain it, they're just really creepy to me. They're just so...static. And I don't like how the camera focuses on the picture.

It's weird, because I'm not a traditionalist. I love things like the 40 years of Avengers DVD, and don't particularly feel the need to hold the comic in my hands. (Also, I'm kind of accidently destructive by nature. My comics don't tend to live long. I buy comics to read them, not to preserve them. My stuff would make a hardcore collector cry. The Avengers DVD stores much better and keeps much longer.)

So it's not an aversion to that. Maybe it's the speech thing. Kind of like my dislike of audio books. I read faster than people talk so every time I listen to one, I start chomping at the bit because they're so slow to get to the good parts. (Also, no skimming ahead.) If I'm at all familiar with the original comic, the same thing starts kicking in. Whereas an animated adaptation like the old X-Men cartoons don't have the same problem. Possibly just because my eyes get distracted by pretty colors and movement.

Attention span, I have not.

I'm sad a bit though. Motion comics are cool in theory, but they really don't work for me.

2 Comments:

  • At November 18, 2009 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone I knew raved about the Watchmen motion comic, but there was NO WAY I could get past them using 2 dudes to do the voices for ALL the characters, including the women.

    No. Thank you, but no.

     
  • At November 20, 2009 9:56 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I don't get the two voices thing. If you're gonna do that, why not have a man and a woman. If you're only having one voice, it'd be like an audio book.

    Two though really highlights the inappropriateness. Weird.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home