Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I'm Lazy, so here are some old posts!

I'm ALIVE! ALIIIVE!

In celebration of this, the fact that three out of four exams are done, and Sandy Hawkins has had actual panel time this decade, I'm linking some old Sand appreciation posts.

Also I'm lazy and want to sleep.

But anyway! For people who have forgotten why little Sandy Hawkins is awesome, behold:

1) He's a mouthy little bastard.

2) Also, he's a total asshole.

3) He's got a perverted villain with appropriate taste in movies.

4) He has style. And is pretty unflappable.

5) Also his seventies era resurrection story was priceless. (This post is Diamondrock's, not mine, but is still good! :-)) For added fun, my 60 second summation!.

6) He jumps into flying cars!.

7) And once got punched onto railroad tracks by a little person.

8) His mentor is a complete and total dick Also when he WASN'T a dick, he was a total goober.

Which meant, Sandy had to have brains enough for both of them.

9) He got to save Wes from his own stupidity. (Because Wes is an idiot.)

10) And Wes once used him as a fake chess robot.

11) His old costume looked strikingly like bondage gear.

12) He is also frequently naked. Sadly I can't link my friend's old lovely posts cataloguing this but here's a naked resurrection pieta style, and also, much advantage involved when your costume insta-forms.

13) He had style when wearing clothes, too!

So now that you obviously appreciate little Sandy Hawkins, you can join me in my hope that he'll actually get to do something in JSA All-Stars! I'm counting on you, Ms. Sturges! (Entry edited on December 1, 2020 to reflect accurate names and pronouns.)

2 Comments:

  • At December 10, 2009 5:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    You made it! Congratulations!

    You were the one who got me interested in Sandy in the first place, and I thank you for it. Unlike so many old-school creations, Sandy actually HAS an interesting character, he's not perfect, but boy is he fun.

    And Johnny Sorrow is just creepy as hell.

     
  • At March 05, 2012 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love this! Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home