Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The last of my non-comic rambling

Getting back in the swing of things is a bit harder than it looks. :-) But I'm working on it. I've got a plane to catch today, and said goodbye to some friends yesterday (We also watched the first Lexx movie. I love Lexx for all it's crazy Canadian-German weirdness. It says some interesting things about apathy and stagnancy and drive. And also, the gender dynamics are probably worth some analysis too.)

It's funny to think that I have one semester left. I'm trying not to panic about that (beyond a purely justified "Oh my god, I have to send resumes out ASAP!!!") and being marginally successful about that.

I'm about half a year away from the bar exam (scary enough) and real actual life. (MUCH scarier.) Not counting the year I spent studying abroad, and the year I was working at the toy store, I've been in college for SEVEN YEARS. That's...an obscenely long time.

On the plus side, I'm finally in a position to just sit back and relax with my beautiful comic books. <3 And maybe even write a recap or two! (I'm what three months overdue? Eek.) Or a meme. Or maybe an actual analysis post.

Or at least that post I keep threatening to do about how Scott Summers keeps dating stand-ins for his abusive father figures. They track pretty impressively! And given that he's got another origins coming out in January, I'm sure they'll find a way to shove more trauma in there. Maybe they can add a ninja assassin type foster father so the boy can finally date Psylocke. Or Wolverine'll show up. Wolverine shows up everywhere!

Oh, for the record, I passed my MPREs with a 103. That makes me officially 3 points more ethical than the average lawyer, I guess? I dunno. But it's high enough for Michigan and New York, so I'm happy.

So how are you? :-)

4 Comments:

  • At December 17, 2009 9:09 AM, Blogger eatyourchildren said…

    Hey, congrats on getting through most of law school thus far. I started reading your blog when I was in law school and have since graduated, took the bar and started working. If you're planning on taking the new york bar exam I would suggest two things: read at least one comic book every night after studying to wind down and take Pieper NY Bar review (take the web course if you're not going to be in NY for it)it's well worth it. Sorry if that sounds a little like a plug but that class is great and the Piepers themselves are pretty funny. Anyway, congrats again and don't get discouraged if the job search is difficult, it's a tough market right now for legal services. Break a leg with the rest of law school and your exams!

     
  • At December 17, 2009 3:27 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    congrats on your results!

     
  • At December 17, 2009 5:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Congratulations on your tests and scores and classes and...and stuff! Now you can go home and eat fudge and read comics.

     
  • At December 18, 2009 3:30 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Belated congrats on passing your MPREs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home