Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reason #866 why Scott Summers needs therapy

I love the Ghost Boxes issues of Ellis's Astonishing X-Men. Partially because, well, dude, Steampunk AU. But also because it gives me something else to mock about my favorite X-Men character. Basically, it's yet another reason why he needs therapy.

Granted, it's from an AU, but it's one of those "what if it ended differently" AUs so the characterization counts. (This kind of thing is actually why I prefer the term "canon" to "continuity" unlike a lot of people. Because it allows for this kind of non-continuity characterization, but I digress.)

Okay, here it is:

tarp

Do you see it yet?

It's not actually the suicidal intent. Because let's face it, it's very possible that given the batshitness that is his life already, a sane man would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.

If you don't see it, this page shows it better:

tarp full page

There's a TARP.

He put out a TARP to commit SUICIDE.

It's even better when you realize that according to the story, the mansion is (again) in ruins and EVERY OTHER X-Man is dead.

So there's really no one to get stuck cleaning up the mess. But Scott is still very considerate like that.

I also like the poetry about how, ultimately, the tarp is futile. Blowing off your own head with a giant crystal causes far too much blood for one tarp to stop. :-( Tragic symbolism!

Still. I never laughed so hard at a sad story as when I realized the guy put out a fucking TARP.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home