Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cap. Casting Thoughts

I've been enjoying all these rumors about who's gonna be playing Captain America. Some of them are a bit mind boggling (John Krasinski? Really? I like him, but he's not my first notion for Cap) but some sound pretty good.

Personally, I don't know who I'd want really, but I have a slight wishlist for whichever actor they choose:

1) reasonably young. (It IS set in WWII after all. A thirty-something Steve would be characterized a lot different from a 20-something Steve)
2) hot
3) Capable of playing "earnest" "sincere" and "honorable" (I've mentioned before that I don't actually think the role requires as much complicated acting, as say Iron Man does, but it's important to find a guy who can be genuine.)
4) NOT the same guy as playing the non-serumed version.

Because really? Inflatable muscles suck.

5) Also, no plastic ears.

I admit to being a bit skeptical about the story rumors, but I'll wait and see. It's GOT to be better than the last one (which doesn't exist.)

Just, no inflatable muscles or plastic ears damnit.

2 Comments:

  • At March 23, 2010 12:20 AM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Maybe they can use CGI to make pre-serum Steve look skinnier like they did with Sam Worthington's legs in Avatar.

     
  • At March 23, 2010 8:09 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Maybe, they'd have to do it to his whole body though and that might come out weird.

    I think it'd be easier to just cast a different guy. We can pretend not to notice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home