Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Movie Talk!

I'm hoping to see the A-Team over this weekend. I still think it looks dreadful but it looks gloriously dreadful, and well, the guy playing Murdock is kind of hot.

I'm trying to give Liam Neeson a chance, but in every trailer I see, he's got a perpetual hang-dog expression and sounds like that Family Guy bit ("The river stretches for meters and meters! And who KNOWS how many fathoms!")

The silver hair does not really work for him either. But I'd never have said Steve Carrell would make a good Don Adams, so I'll keep an open mind.

I don't know when I'll actually get a chance to see it (bar review class is like law school concentrate. 3 years in 2 months. Kill me now) but if you do, drop me a line and tell me how good/awful it is?

5 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2010 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just got back from seeing it a few hours ago. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It's got huge action sequences every ten minutes, and it's really, *really* funny.

    As long as you can enjoy the ridiculousness, you'll be in for a fun ride.

     
  • At June 13, 2010 3:35 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I am a fan of the original series, so I'm good with ridiculous. :-)

     
  • At June 13, 2010 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sadly, i must disagree...

    it's got no real plot (which shouldn't matter for the A-Team, but it does), no motivation for the bad guys, and no crazy sequence where B.A. makes an armoured car from a shopping trolley and leftover donut boxes.

    i guess i'm trying to say it wasn't ridiculous enough. none of that lovely over the top feel of the old TV show.

    and the action sequences (apart from the bit with the tank) could have been lifted from any action film of the past 20 years.

    so, all in all, i'd have to give it a resounding "meh."

    your mileage may vary.

     
  • At June 13, 2010 4:44 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I was a fan of the original show, because it WAS so incredibly silly. They'd always jump a jeep over something, and then it would blow up. Heck, vehicles would blow up simply from running over a paper bag on the highway, but that was part of the fun.

    I DO hope that they show the undersides of jeeps...or else it just won't be the A-Team.

     
  • At June 13, 2010 8:02 PM, Anonymous D said…

    Eh.

    It's like they were trying to make it 'realistic' while keeping in spirit with the show. Didn't exactly hit it out of the park, but there were some good set pieces.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home