Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Oh dear.

Okay, my nostalgia kick is totally warring with my "this is going to be horrible" instinct, at the thought of a new Thundercats cartoon.

I mean, intellectually, I know that even the original cartoon wasn't very good. In fact, I saw episodes recently and it was even worse than I remembered. I mean seriously, awful, in a gloriously wonderful way.

But a new series? Can't they think of new asskicking yet dumb animal themed cartoon shows instead of remaking the 80s? (Though, credit where it's due, I did think the 2000s version of He-Man was kind of awesome. I wanted to see them bring in She-Ra.)

At the same time, my inner nine year old's all "Hee! Thundercats Hoooo!!!!"

5 Comments:

  • At June 04, 2010 3:16 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    let's see if they make cheetara the right age this time. (stupid dissapointing comics mini of a few years back, i'm looking at you)

     
  • At June 05, 2010 10:37 PM, Anonymous Crowded House said…

    ...Now, they're just playing with my heart. What do I listen to: my love for Thundercats or my mild indifference to this 80s revival thing? (I like the 80s and all, but lately this appears to be everybody's fallback idea: when in doubt, remember the 80s. Like it was a rallying cry or something.

    Remember the Maine!

    Remember the Alamo!

    Remember Dinosaucers!)

     
  • At June 06, 2010 4:56 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    dinosaucers eh? i don't think that made it across the pond..but i'd probably watch it!

     
  • At June 06, 2010 6:22 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    Someone else remembers Dinosaucers? I was beginning to think I'd imagined that series.

     
  • At August 08, 2013 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "But a new series? Can't they think of new asskicking yet dumb animal themed cartoon shows instead of remaking the 80s?"

    You definitely jumped the gun on this one kalinara, the remake was great. You panicked for nothing.

    Best moment was when Mon*Star (lead Silverhawks villain) and Mako (lead hero from Tiger Sharks) made cameo apperances in "Legacy". That was awesome and smart at the same time! Too bad the new Thundercats cartoon got screwed over by politics again...as usual.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home