Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Catching Up on Comics:

I finally got to read Steve Rogers: Super Soldier.

I was pretty much doomed to like it anyway, because I love me some Steve Rogers and his particular brand of awesome.

But then they had reverted skinny Steve kicking ass which is totally one of my favorite things ever ANYWAY. I just wish it lasted a bit longer.

But the best part for me was this:

Steve is awesome

Any hero would be upset at the whole "robot girl replicating one's long-dead girlfriend" bit, but I like how Steve's first response to the robot reveal is to be upset because it's cruel to her.

Later of course they team up, (Steve is good at appealing to people's decency and conscience) and it's great. But that was the moment that really stuck out. Because Steve lets go of his Cynthia angst (her resemblance to Cynthia is only referenced afterward by the villain as part of his means to lure Steve in) and focuses on how cruel it is to her. Because Steve Rogers is not a self-absorbed douchebag. :-)

I missed you Steve, never go away again!

4 Comments:

  • At November 20, 2010 9:45 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    Tempting. I gave up on Brubaker's Cap before Steve died, but that's some swell art.

     
  • At November 20, 2010 9:49 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Eaglesham. His Cap's a bit big for my taste (Kirby's wasn't that big, after all, and he used to be described as an acrobat!) but he's also pretty, so I enjoy it.

    I'm shallow and I judge artists strictly on how pretty I think the main male character is. :-)

     
  • At November 21, 2010 2:28 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    That's not being shallow at all. That's being sensible!

     
  • At November 22, 2010 4:10 AM, Blogger Eyz said…

    Glad to see the Cap still acts in-character unlike many of the other Avengers lately..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home