Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Another one?

So um, what's with the sudden trend of bringing D-list comic book heroes to television?

Don't get me wrong, I'm always glad to see heroines getting the spotlight. But Jessica Jones seems like an odd choice. Raven too, for that matter.

On the other hand though, I tend to enjoy comic book inspired tv, even when it bears little to no resemblance to the original comic. So I'll probably enjoy them anyway.

As long as they cast someone hot as the love interest. I'm shallow. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2010 11:46 AM, Blogger Seangreyson said…

    I kind of wonder if TV executives have decided that D-listers will still bring the comic fan (particularly the more casual fan) to watch the show; but by avoiding the A-list they can free themselves from trying to faithfully adapt every aspect of the character to please those fans.

    I love Jessica Jones, and she does have a pretty well developed history, but it's a history that really only covers 40-50 comics (plus a few appearances here and there). If they do to Alias what they've done to Human Target, I'd still watch the show most likely.

     
  • At December 18, 2010 11:58 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    As long as they cast someone hot as the love interest.

    ... now, who would make a good Luke Cage?

     
  • At December 19, 2010 2:03 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heh. I don't want to assume that they'll include Luke Cage since I don't want to be disappointed if some copyright glitch forces them to make someone up.

    I'm sure if it IS Luke, though, they'll definitely find someone appropriately attractive. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home