Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Weird Idea

Okay, now if you follow me on twitter you might have realized that I've gotten myself very addicted to Hawaii 5-0 (mostly because Steve McGarrett is a hot lunatic).

Anyway, during a recent episode where the witness that needed protection was played by an actress who has also played an evil vampiress from True Blood, I had a crazy idea for a tv show.

Basically, all the characters in the tv show can channel all the powers and abilities of any other character that has been portrayed by the actor who plays them.

So like, take Hawaii 5-0. Steve's actor has also been a vampire and a surgeon. Danny's actor was a con-man. Chin's actor was...well, I don't know what abilities Jin from Lost had, but I know he played a telepath in Crusade. Kono's a cylon. So, it'd be intensely funny to me if there was a tv show that used it.

You know, kind of like Bravestarr or other "calling on the powers of X" kind of shows, but involving previous roles.

It'd be silly, but fun!

8 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2011 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds incredible. I'd watch the hell out of that.

     
  • At February 19, 2011 10:57 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    I remember that the pilot's bad guy was James Marsters. So more vampire/whatever he played on Torchwood thingy for H5-0

     
  • At February 19, 2011 12:20 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I really have to start watching Hawaii 5-0 more. My Sweet Babboo and I are going to Maui in about a week so it would be...uh...research!

    But I have to admit that would be an awesome idea for a show.

     
  • At February 19, 2011 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daniel Dae Kim played an evil Wolfram and Hart lawyer on Angel and according to wikipedia was turned into a zombie.
    Grace Park also played a scientist on Jake 2.0, Scott Caan played a football player in Varsity Blues (and ran around naked), and Alex O'Louglin played a musician in August Rush.

    I feel kinda sad that I know all of this off the top of my head. Why can't I know any useful facts this well?
    Also I always fantasize about stuff like that and would watch the heck out of this show if it existed.

     
  • At February 19, 2011 8:13 PM, Blogger Rob Rogers said…

    There was a character like that in a comic book maxiseries--Silverblade, I think. He was an aging actor who somehow gained the abilities of all the characters he'd played. And since he was like a combination of Errol Flynn and Lon Chaney, that was a wide variety. Pretty cool concept.

     
  • At February 20, 2011 11:13 PM, Blogger Greg Sanders said…

    The calling on other powers of X makes me think of team up fighting games where you can often do a combo with other related characters.

    Combining the two ideas, you could go with a game where each character could call on allies that used the same voice actor. Admittedly, popular ones, like Steve Blum, would end up pretty broken. That said it would also be funny to include some of their random earlier bit roles, like a member of a crowd from their early career.

    Obviously IMDB should sponsor either the TV show or the game.

     
  • At March 09, 2011 12:11 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    After surviving the xenomorph infestation on Nostromo, Ellen Ripley's lifeboat landed in New York. She thawed out, got an apartment, and wound up getting possessed by Gozer the Gozerian.

    Frustrated and exhausted, she moved to Africa to work with endangered gorillas ...

     
  • At March 09, 2011 12:15 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    After listening to his replacement talk about his days as a Starfleet officer, Impossible Missions Force agent Rollin Hand took a position as Commander of Moonbase Alpha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home