Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hmm

You know what I'd like to get sometime? The Prince Valiant compilation books. Prince Valiant was one of those strips that I was always interested in as a kid, but never quite was able to keep up with the story. Then we moved, and my new hometown didn't print that strip.

But I like fantasy books, and Val's hair isn't any worse than a lot of heroes in my favorite tv shows (See: Mick St. John in Moonlight, or Don Eppes in 5th/6th season Numb3rs).

The one downside will be telling all the blond women apart. I always had trouble with that. Maybe reading in context will help with that.

2 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2011 11:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Man I've got TONS of Prince Valiant books, and they are all simply gorgeous. Hal Foster was a GOD. And believe it or not, he actually had different body types for his women AND men.

     
  • At March 20, 2011 11:54 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I'll have to find some! I remember fragments of storylines from when I was a kid and that's about it. (I think there was one where Valiant's daughter was dating a druid, and there was some sort of bardic contest. But that could just be a deluded fragment of my brain).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home