Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Ooo.

Okay, THIS is adorable and totally makes me want to dig out my He-Man/She-Ra DVDs again.

Which probably would be a nice break from all the procedurals I'm watching recently. (I've discovered that I actually like all the parts of Numb3rs that don't involve the magic math and Charlie-the-egomaniac. Which ultimately means I like the last fifteen minutes of the show. But the FBI brother is kind of hot and Judd Hirsch is there and Judd Hirsch can never not be awesome. Still, nothing surpasses my love for Hawaii 5-0 and its log traps.)

I could do with scantily clad siblings with swords they never actually stab people with, who punch robot monsters in the face, and swing folk around by their tails/tentacles/limbs. It'll take my mind off my chaotic work week. :-)

(link courtesy of Newsarama)

4 Comments:

  • At March 10, 2011 8:13 AM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    I liked the first season of Numb3rs, where the math was largely legitimate and well-explained, and the cases presented would have been difficult or impossible to solve without Charlie's assistance. They obviously had a consultant and paid attention to him; a lot of the stuff they had Charlie pulling out was close enough to the analyses I'd been doing in pursuit of my Earth Systems degree that I could follow it pretty closely.

    In the second season, they just got lazy. Maybe they were just running out of plots, and it was easier to write a generic crime show plot and tack a Gratuitous Charlie Chalkboard Scene of dubious relevance onto it. In the first season, Charlie's chalkboard brought a moment of clarity to the investigation; in second season, it frequently OBFUSCATED it.

    Like you said: "magic math". You know how Star Trek TNG scripts would frequently have sections that read "TECH TECH TECH", with the expectation that the technical advisors would plug in some TrekTech to explain everything? After the first season, Numb3rs scripts had "MATH MATH MATH".

     
  • At March 10, 2011 8:17 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I honestly prefer the cop show stuff anyway, so the change in focus doesn't bother me as much.

    Though even in the first season, I had a lot of moments of "Jesus Christ Don, why the hell are you putting up with him?"

     
  • At March 10, 2011 10:28 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    Heh. Personally, I watched the show for Larry.

    Even Larry couldn't save it from the increasingly-ugly Bush Party Line subtext that kept weaseling through the text, though. I dropped the show mid-season 3; I can't remember quite what the last straw was.

     
  • At March 11, 2011 4:28 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I'm notoriously blind to political messages, so I'm okay with that.

    I adore Larry. I mostly watch because Don is hot. And to be horrified that Charlie is often such an asshole. :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home