Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Damnit, I've Been Won Over

All right, damnit. You know, when I saw the trailer for Green Lantern online, it really didn't grab me. I thought it looked more stupid than good. I mean, it didn't look BAD as comic movies go, but I wasn't terribly enthused either. It seemed like a fun popcorn movie.

But I just saw, for the first time, a commercial for the movie on television and...well, maybe there's just something different about seeing it on tv vs seeing the trailer on the internet, because now? I'm enthused. It actually looks awesome. Sinestro, Abin Sur, Tomar Re all look awesome. The costume and effects look great. And Ryan Reynolds is totally selling his take on Hal to me.

I mean, I'm not expecting cinematic brilliance here still, but suddenly I'm a lot more excited for the movie! It looks like an AWESOME popcorn movie! Yay!

2 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2011 9:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I saw it for the first time on tv too, and boy oh boy, did it look great! I am also stunned at how incredibly hot Sinestro looks, and that is something that I thought I would NEVER say.

     
  • At April 23, 2011 11:25 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    I'm cautiously optimistic about the newer Captain America trailer, so I feel you on this. Still not going near Green Lantern, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home