Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Interesting News!

Apparently (according to the DC comics website at least), Lilah Sturges is going to be writing Power Girl starting #26. I'm thrilled. I'm like one of three people who've been reading JSA All Stars, but I love(d) it so much. And she did a great job with her. I'm not a Winick fan, I admit, so I haven't been reading it (also, I don't acknowledge anything to do with that Generation Lost stuff. :-P) But I'm going to start now. Can she bring Sandy with her? I kind of thought that JSA All-Stars might have been hinting a potential relationship there, and Sandy doesn't have a book anymore anyway. So he's gotta be available. Come on, save the guy from limbo! :-)

(Entry edited on December 1, 2020 to reflect accurate names and pronouns.)

2 Comments:

  • At April 12, 2011 11:52 AM, Blogger ARS said…

    This sounds great, I hope. I loved the book when it started. It was funny and cool. There was silly dialogue and a serious side as well. It was fun to read, entertaining without trying too hard. Then we got Winnick and the Generation Lost stuff. I reluctantly stayed, feeling the fun had gone as everything was deadly serious. We had the company in free-fall, all the supporting cast save one scrubbed. It became a chore to accept the dialogue that had once been easily funny and not forced.

    I have stuck it out for one reason. I did not want to drop the title unless my Winnick toleration reached critical mass. I wanted to support the book, knowing if Power Girl was not canceled at the end of Winnick's run a new writer would be announced. I hope some of the old characters introduced in the beginning can revolve around in the book. Plus her stinky cat needs to return. I am going to be looking forward to a change.

     
  • At April 12, 2011 3:48 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well! I may actually begin to pick it up again. I am very fond of Peej, but I am NOT so fond of...Winick. However, Sturges is actually a pretty decent writer.

    And the appearance (and possibly even dialogue!) of Sandy would be greatly appreciated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home