Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Huh

I hadn't actually heard that Joss Whedon was directing the Avengers movie. Or maybe I did but completely forgot about it. (This is equally likely).

I'm not a huge Whedon fan, but I liked Astonishing X-Men. I actually preferred it to all of his television work. And unlike some writers, I think he manages to add humor without making the characters unrecognizeable in the process.

I'm not really a "he's a feminist icon" proponent, but I do find his work generally enjoyable, and the Avengers probably shouldn't be a really deep movie anyway. So I'm looking forward to it. It might be a good fit.

Edited to Add: Apparently I DID know that. It'd be pretty funny if my reaction to the news was widely different, but I don't believe it is. I'm just incredibly absent minded. :-P

2 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2011 10:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    He will probably do a decent job of it. I loved "Astonishing" when it first came out. It was a little tedious having to wait three months between issues, but that shouldn't be a problem with the movie.

    I hope.

     
  • At May 22, 2011 11:42 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    We'll only get to see a scene at a time. The next scene comes out in a month! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home