Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thinking

You know what I miss? Robot duplicates. I love robot duplicates.

Of course, they lose some of their menace now that EMT devices are more easy to obtain, but still, there's something about a robot duplicate that just fills me with a sense of nostalgia.

It's like clones, but without the ick factor. :-P (Because clones inevitably sleep with your boyfriend/girlfriend which makes for genetic awkwardness. Almost no one sleeps with your robot duplicate.)

Unless your name is Hank Pym, it's really hard to convolute your family tree with robots. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At May 19, 2011 1:11 PM, Blogger kiragecko said…

    Really? I think Wanda manages it pretty well. Though they were Hank Pym's robots.

    I love clones... I love non-Joseph clones. It's not his fault, though. It just hurt too much every time I tried to read those comics. I'd actually like to see a Joseph revival, because that whole family is just awesome. Nate Grey reconstituted himself, why couldn't Joseph?

     
  • At May 20, 2011 12:55 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Yep, already covered. :-)

    I love Joseph! He was adorable, and much better with Rogue than Gambit, IMO. :-P

     
  • At May 20, 2011 1:27 AM, Blogger kiragecko said…

    He seemed really boring, from what I saw, which wasn't much. I've always thought Gambit was reasonably nice to Rogue, and Rogue was a jerk back. I'd prefer a well written Rogue replacement. But a "Good"Erik/Joseph meeting would be so great.

    (did any of those thoughts connect? I'm going to bed)

     
  • At May 20, 2011 8:49 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Eh, gotta disagree with you there. Joseph may have been bland, but Gambit was outright manipulative and an asshole most of the time.

    Cartoon-Gambit wasn't as bad, but comic one? Rogue deserved a lot better, IMO. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home