Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Fun

So anyway, I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so I got to spend a lovely few hours watching Agatha Christie's Poirot. I've only ever been able to catch a few of the movies/episodes here and there, but they are a lot of fun.

There's so much atmosphere and detail. And it's fun to see familiar actors pop up in the weirdest roles. David Suchet just embodies the role of Poirot too. I caught his Orient Express special, when he's out of costume, and he looks/sounds so different! It's pretty amazing!

This time I got to see Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile. We were kind of in the mood for travel-type murder. :-) I do know though if I'm ever on a trip and see a little Belgian guy...or Angela Lansbury, someone's likely to die. Probably me. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2011 3:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    David Suchet IS Poirot! Seriously, he's quite quite fabulous in the role.

     
  • At May 23, 2011 3:47 PM, Anonymous revsoncorp said…

    I'm enough of a Christie purist that the post-2002 revamp annoys the hell out of me, but I gotta say, if you want a perfect storm of Christie travel murder + Angela Lansbury, then I can't recommend the 1970s Death on the Nile movie enough. Plus, Bette Davis!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home